Pack Creek Bear Watching
SCHEDULE: Submit preferred dates for scheduling.
DURATION: 6 Hours
SUMMARY: Step into the true wilds of Alaska for an exclusive brown bear and Alaskan wildlife viewing experience.
Pack Creek 7/5-8/28- $800.00+tax
Once in a lifetime Alaskan adventures take place at Pack Creek Brown Bear Sanctuary! Experience the word renowned site located 30 air miles outside of Juneau, on Admiralty Island National Monument. Enjoy a sightseeing floatplane ride to and from Pack Creek bear viewing area. Once you have landed and made your way to the shore your guide will introduce you to the amazing wilderness location of Pack Creek.
The native Tlingit people call this impressive island “Kootznoowoo,” meaning “Fortress of the Bear.” Indeed, Admiralty Island is home to the highest concentration of brown bears in the world; more than all the Lower 48 states combined. Nearly 100 miles long, with 700 miles of saltwater shoreline that encompass its roughly 1 million acres, this verdant gem of old-growth rainforest graces the northern part of the Southeast Alaskan panhandle’s Inside Passage.
We invite you to enjoy the Pack Creek Brown Bear Sanctuary under the expertise of Bear Creek Outfitters!
The tour includes:
• Transportation to and from downtown to the floatplane base
• Waders & raingear
• all weather tote bag
• 50 minutes total scenic floatplane flight time
• USFS Pack Creek permit
• 5 hours at remote Pack Creek location
• post adventure snack
• all done with the expertise of our certified guides
• 1:5 guide to guest ratio for an exclusive experience
WHAT TO BRING:
• With our ever changing weather patterns layered clothing is always encouraged
• Camera with strong lens and fully charged or extra batteries
• Viewing area is approximately 60 yards from the creek. Distance is kept to ensure the true wilderness experience in the area. Large lenses are highly recommended for high quality photos.
• A sense of adventure and love of the wilderness and its amazing creatures.
Participants should be in good physical condition and able to walk over uneven ground for 1-2 miles in waders. Pack Creek is remote and advanced medical support will not be available in this location. We recommend bringing along any necessary or simply precautionary medications. Guests are urged to be ready for an outdoor wilderness experience.
Please note: Space is extremely limited. Full payment is required at the time of booking. Pack Creek bookings include a $50 non-refundable Forest Service Permit fee. Forrest Service Permit fee is non refundable for any reason, including cancelation due to weather. Permit fees allow the Pack Creek Program to preserve this unique wilderness setting, and ensure a base level of funding through the short summer season.